The Train Drivers Academy was established in April 2019 on the request of the Department of Transport. It is steered and managed by the Rail Delivery Group. It is an industry scheme centred around improving the management of training and recruitment for train drivers. The Train Drivers Academy is not a physical establishment but rather a cloud-based and virtual centre for train driver training.
It aims at providing the following:
- Establishing an effective and easy to use learning management system
- Enhancing the quality of driver training
- Improving driver skills via level 3 apprenticeship
- Career progression of train drivers, instructors and managers
- Build Inclusivity and Diversity of drivers in the industry
The Train Drivers Academy provides the materials for your training and the learning management system to manage your training.